Home Laser Hair Removal Reviews – Top 3 Best Brands for 2017
Home Laser Hair Removal – Reviews and Buying Guide
Laser hair removal is an expensive procedure. In a survey conducted by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost per treatment in the US is $429. To achieve being hair free for a longer period of time, you’ll need two or more treatments. Do the math and you can get the picture of how expensive this procedure is.
Despite its cost, 82% of women in the US in the past years underwent laser hair removal. Thankfully, there are companies offering products that can provide you with almost the same results as in-office procedures but in a cheaper price. Enter at-home laser hair removal products.
With the success of these products, you can find plenty of them on the market. Unfortunately, not all of them are effective. In this review, you’ll find the 3 most effective at-home laser hair removal products based on their features, pros and cons, ease-of-use and customer satisfaction ratings.
Recommended by dermatologists and surgeons, Silk’n home laser hair removal device is certified by the FDA and is considered to be excellent in its quality and hygienic procedure.
1. Unwanted hair is removed through the HPL technology.
2. With small cartridge for treatments that can last 15 to 20 minutes
3. Comes with built-in sensor to know your skin tone. This is necessary to identify if your skin can withstand the effects of this device.
1. Utilizes HPL or home pulsed light technology. This makes the product safer on your skin. It’s a patented technology that can offer effective results.
2. Destroys unwanted hair on the targeted areas. Thanks to HPL, the unwanted hair will be taken out permanently.
3. Can be brought anywhere. Its portability is one of the best things about this product. You can carry it anywhere, to your office or when you travel.
4. Requires minimum amount of time for each treatment. Depending on your skin tone, each treatment may last up to 20 minutes.
5. Lightens hair growth. Eventually, it disappears when you continue using the device.
6. Comes with cordless design. So, you can easily carry it around your house without worrying about the length of the cord.
1. Takes time to remove unwanted hair completely. The success of the treatment will depend on how coarse your hair is. The coarser it is, the more time it’d take to eliminate the unwanted hair.
2. There’s only one cartridge that goes with the product. This means that if you’re out of it, you’ll need to purchase it separately.
Overall, Silk’n SN-002 SensEpil is a useful product if you don’t want to spend thousands on money for laser removal procedures done in the clinic. It’s safe, effective and cheap.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE CUSTOMER REVIEWS & PRICING
Remington IPL6000USA I-Light Pro
With this Remington brand product, you’ll have a simple device that you can use at home to remove your unwanted hair through laser technology. This is also one of the highest-rated laser hair removal tools on the market.
1. FDA-approved laser hair removal
2. Uses proprietary ProPulse technology
3. Built-in skin tone sensor
4. Skin-contact sensor
5. 5-energy levels
1. Uses IPL. It’s a technology similar to laser hair removal technology used in a dermatology clinic.
2. Lasts more than 6 months. The results of hairlessness can last more than 6 months as it disables growth into the hair follicles and delivers energy into the skin to get into the hair bulb for better results.
3. Simple to use. There’s a DVD instruction included so you don’t have to guess as to the proper way of using this laser hair removal tool.
4. Comes from a reputable company. It’s made by Remington, which is an expert in hair and beauty products.
5. Can be used on the face or freckled areas. It can effectively clear away unwanted hair on those areas without problems.
1. You may need to use it every other day for the first few treatment sessions.
2. It doesn’t work on blonde or grey hair.
3. It’s corded. You’ll need to find a power outlet nearest to where you want to sit and use the device for your treatment session. This is inconvenient especially if the power source is far from where you want to perform the procedure.
Remington’s iLight Pro is a light-based device that has been approved by the FDA as a safe product for home use. The results reported by its users vary a lot. However, most of them are happy with it. It may not have a long-lasting result as the professional laser hair removal tool used by your dermatologist but it’s definitely worth an investment. The hair will grow lighter after a few treatments. After that, you’ll notice that there’s no more hair growing on the treated areas.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE CUSTOMER REVIEWS & PRICING
This is another hair laser of removal of Slik’n. It may seem a very simple device but it’s an extremely useful handheld tool for your unwanted hair growth. The product can be used on various parts of the body where you want no hair to grow. But, of course, there are some limitations to it.
1. An FDA-cleared tool
2. It uses disposable lamp cartridge that can last up to 750 pulses.
3. With skin tone detection
1. Offers convenience when using it at home.
2. Includes DVD and manual to help you properly use the product.
3. Has skin-tone sensor to eliminate the guesswork on how much light must be used on a particular area.
4. Cartridges can be easily replaced.
5. Offers high success rates on underarms and face
1. It’s not compatible if you have tan skin or blonde hair. This is also not recommended if you have black skin tone.
2. Its success rate on bikini is a bit disappointing.
Generally, this product can moderately reduce re-growth on targeted areas. Most users are satisfied with the results, although it took them a few sessions to obtain the results that they have hoped for.